The Power Grid Corporation of India has recently announced a recruitment drive for the post of Executive Trainees through GATE 2018. This recruitment drive is for Executive Trainees in the disciplines of Electrical, Electronics, Civil and Computer Science. It is a golden opportunity for the candidates who aspire a career in this reputed PSU as well as want a secured job. Read this article to know all about PGCIL Recruitment Through GATE.
POWERGRID is Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India. It is one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Navratna Enterprise of Govt. of India. PGCIL is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, coordination, supervision and control over complete Inter-State transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids. It is one of the best PSUs in the country to work in.
Important Exam Dates for PGCIL Recruitment Through GATE
|Commencement of Online submission of GATE Application||1st September 2017|
|Last date of Online submission of GATE Application||5th October 2017|
|Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID||5th January 2018|
|Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID||31st January 2018|
Valid Score in the GATE 2018
- Candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2018 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2018 Organizing Body.
|Post||Corresponding GATE 2018 Paper|
|ET (Computer Science)||CS|
- Full Time B.E./B.Tech/ B.Sc(Engg.) from recognized University/Institute.
- Final Year / Semester students who expect their results by 14.08.2018 are also eligible, provided they have obtained 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination
|Electrical/ Electrical(Power)/ Electrical
and Electronics/Power Systems Engg./Power Engg
|Electronics /Electronics & Comm./
Electronics & Telecomm./Electronics & Electrical Communication/
|Computer Science/Computer Engg./
- SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees.
- All other candidates have to pay INR 500 as application fee when the application begins.
To be released by Power Grid authority soon.
- The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2018, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2018, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE)/ Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE)/ Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)
- Candidates qualified in the corresponding paper of GATE 2018 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE-2018 shall be as decided by GATE-2018 conducting authority.
- Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2018, in the corresponding paper.
- Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as
mentioned in their interview call letter
- For calculation of final score of a candidate for empanelment, the weightages of marks obtained in GATE, Group Discussion and Interview shall be as indicated below:
|GATE 2018 Marks (out of 100) in corresponding Paper||85%|
- The qualifying percentage in the interview for different categories are as mentioned below:
|Category||Qualifying Percentage in Interview|
|OBC (NCL) / SC/
|30% ( for posts reserved for the corresponding category as per notification to be issued before online submission of application to POWERGRID.)|
- During Training: INR 8.6 lakhs
- After Training : INR 15.0 lakhs
For more information on Power Grid Recruitment through GATE 2018 click on the link below