Yes, it is Possible. Why only Crack? You can even Secure AIR 1 with 5 Month Preparation. Ankita Jain (AIR 1 GATE 2016) had secured AIR 1 with 5 Months preparation.
- Follow a Good Material for your Preparation if you are not OK with standard Text Book then join some Good Coaching Institutes Like RBR / Made Easy / Ace.
- Practice is the key to success. Prefer Quality over quantity. For this Follow GATE Previous Year Question Papers, TIFR Questions (Generally of Higher Level than GATE). Solve At least 3 Times GATE Prev. year question.
- In last month join any good Test Series (Made easy & Virtual GATE is recommended) and work on your mistakes.
- Be consistent in your studies
- Take at least 8-hour sleep.
- Whenever you feel down, try to read .
- Make your own schedule and follow it. Many will say that DMS should be your first subject (Yes it is recommended but not compulsory). Start with a subject in which you are most comfortable
- Be confident
- Don’t judge yourself based on some question asked by any random person in any Group or any website.
- Ask Your Doubts on GATEOVERFLOW
- Stuck with the Syllabus. No need to study extra things as you have already less time.
- Be healthy, Avoid junk food.
These are some of the important points that you should remember while doing preparation for GATE.
This Answer was written by me on Quora