The application form of IIT Bombay M.Tech admission 2018 is over now. It was available from March 20 till April 12 in online mode. IIT B had released its Round 1 offer letter and after few weeks it will released its next round lists for Direct Admission under TA category.
List of candidates shorlisted for IITB TA/RA will be displayed on April 19 ,2018 . Interview/Written test will be held on May 17, 2018
IIT B had released First Round direct offer letter on 18 April 2018 by 5:00 PM . It has its cutoff around Rank 50 for General Category and Rank 200 for OBC Category (Approximate Range). Last day for submission of fee and confirmation of admission for students selected in round 1 is April 23, 2018.
Direct offer letter for Next Round will be declared soon.
Importat Dates for IIT Bombay
Minimum Qualifying GATE Score/Qualifying Discipline GATE Score for the Year 2018-19
Computer Science and Engineering
|Qualifying Discipline*||GATE Discipline*||Cut Off (GN)||Cut Off (OBC-NC)
(.9 of GN)
|Cut Off (SC/ST)
(.6666 of GN)
|All eligible Qualifying discipline||CS||750||675||500|
IIT Bombay M.Tech Eligibility Criteria
General Eligibility for M.Tech. Programmes in all Departments/ Centres/ Schools/ Interdisciplinary groups/ Cross-Departmental Programmes
- Candidates with First class or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) marks in B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Sc. (Engg.)/ M.Sc. /M.C.A./ MBBS/ M.Pharm/ B.Pharm (4 yr. Degree)/ BDS (4 yr. Degree)/ Associate Membership Examinations conducted by recognized professional bodies (like Institution of Engrs. (India), Institute of Chemical Engrs., Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engrs., Indian Institute of Metals etc.) and recognized as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree.
- The eligibility criteria for different programmes, admission categories and the requirement for GATE or other qualifying examinations are given in the M.Tech. Information Brochure 2017-18.
Admission for IIT B.Tech. degree holders
Candidate having a B.Tech. degree from IITs and having a CGPA/CPI score of 8.00 (on 0-10 scale) and above are exempted from the requirement of GATE qualification. They may be admitted to M.Tech. Programme under TA/RA positions through written test and/or interview.
For M.Tech + Ph.D Programmes
- Candidates eligible for admission to M.Tech. Programme are also eligible for M.Tech.+ Ph.D. Dual Degree Programme, in certain disciplines/ specializations. There is a common application for M.Tech. and M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme.
- Candidates after getting admission to M.Tech. The programme will be considered for M.Tech.+ Ph.D. (Dual Degree) Programme if they have opted for it in the application
IIT B Fee
Important Official Links
- Detailed Advertisement
- Information Brochure
- GATE score of the last candidate obtained admission to the M.Tech programme for the year 2017-18
- For OBC Reservation Update In absence of OBC-NC Certificate in the given Format the Students can apply but MUST submit the new OBC-NC Certificate at the time of admission.
- Vaccination Certificate/Vaccination Exemption Certificate
All selected candidates are required to submit the Vaccination Certificate/Vaccination Exemption Certificate at the time of Registration.