Everyone require a motivation to keep going and path is never easy for a big dreams . Shivam Chauhan believes in “I never want to think i should have”
. He is a Research Oriented guy and his passion to get into Google deepmind
motivated him to prepare for GATE . His hobby is learning about new Technologies . Patience and confidence was his best tool during GATE 2018 exam preparation.
Que : Introduce Yourself and What was your Educational Background ?
Shivam : I am shivam Chauhan . I had secured AIR 14 in GATE 2018 . I had completed my B.Tech from ECE Stream in 2017.
Que : Your Rank in GATE 2018 ?
Que : Why you chose GATE ?
Shivam : Because of my Passion in Research . I always wanted to persue my Higher study from IISC/Old IIT’s.
Que : When You had started Preparation for GATE ?
Shivam : I had started preparation when i was in final year (2017) . In GATE 2017 i had secured AIR 1125 but my deep interest in AI motivated me to drop a year and prepare again so that i can get admission in IISC CSA.
Que : Had Joined Any Coachings ? Either Online or Offline ?
Que : What Was your GATE Strategy ?
Shivam : I started my preparation for GATE 2018 from Mid July 2017. Following are some of Key strategies that i had followed :
- Studied Daily for 10-11 Hours.
- Divided 1 Hour in 45 Minute Study and 15 Minute Revision
- After Completing a Subject , I Solved Previous year Question and then chapter wise test on testbook.
- Did Previous year question again During Revision phase in December and January
- I had not got sufficient time for COA so i skipped it.
- Ravi Shankar Mishra (AIR 1 GATE 2015 CS) was a great inspiration for my preparation
- I followed only standard books for OS, Database , Network , Maths.
- GateOverflow is best source of Revision . You can ask your doubts there and you can also participate in discussion.
Que : Subjects In which you face Difficulty ?
Shivam : I face difficulty in DBMS and COA . Moreover, i skipped COA Completely.
Que : How Many Times you had revised Notes / Previous Year Papers ?
Shivam : 2 Times (Notes + Previous year Question)
Que : In Which College You had Finally Joined & Why ?
Shivam : Indian Institute of Science (IISC CSA) . My interest for research is reason for this.
Que : Which Test Series You had Joined ?
Shivam : Made Easy & Testbook
Que : Any Message for Future Aspirants ?
Shivam : Concentrate and have patience.
Want to Connect With Shivam ? Follow Him on Quora
Read Also : GATE Toppers Strategy | Pragati Kumar Singh AIR 59 – GATE CS
In case of any doubts related to this , you can ask via comment box provided below. More stories will be published soon.